Friday, January 25, 2008

Going, Going, Gone!

When we found out that Rachel had cancer I thought one of the toughest things we would have to do is shave her head. I was wrong about that. The tough part was watching clumps of hair fall out everywhere and feeling helpless to stop it. On Tuesday, Rach woke up gagging on her own hair so we decided it was time to have a "shaving party". Uncle Shane and Grandpa shaved it off and Rachel doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all. It doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. She has many cute hats and received a whole bunch more from Travis & Robyn (thanks!)so we are having fun accessorizing!










2 comments:

  1. Amy, Michael, and Rachel,

    Just wanted to say hello and that you guys are in my prayers! I've been trying to keep up with you some via my mom (either tidbits that my brother gets from Tyler, or anything she learns from bumping into one of your mothers) but it hasn't been much so I was very excited when this link was sent to me! I love seeing all the pictures of you guys (Rachel is such an adorable little girl!) You guys are in my thoughts and prayers! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, Amy, and Rachel,
    I speak with Mimi often and she keeps me updated about you all and how proud she is of your courage and faith. My family and I have been praying for you all. We have prayed when you moved as newlyweds to Panama City; you have been in our prayers with new jobs, a new baby, and we prayed that you all would be safe and comforted when Michael was in Iraq. You all have lived a lifetime in the last few years and, by all accounts, have never lost faith. We will follow your example and continue to pray that the love of God surrounds you, enfolds you, and blesses you with his healing hand. Please know that you have an extended family in Nashville, Tennessee that is thinking of you.

    Paige, Bob, Grace and Katie Davis
    Nashville, TN

    With your permission I would like to share this blog address with my church and prayer circles with which I am involved and have listed below...
    Hermitage United Methodist Church
    Pathfinders Sunday School Class
    Trevecca Nazarene University-MAT Program

    ReplyDelete