Friday, December 31, 2010

Baby Allison

The past week and a half have been crazy to say the least! As if it wasn't going to be crazy enough without Michael being here, we celebrated Christmas when Allison was 2 days old. Allison has been a wonderful and much needed addition to the family. This Christmas was going to be a hard one, and it was, but having Allison was a great distraction. She is an easy baby! I have to brag about her sleeping 5-7 hrs. at night. That's better than both her sisters and they were easy babies as well. She is content all day long and lets me know when she's hungry!



Emily has taken to her amazingly well. She loves being a big sister. She tells everyone "dats my baby" and she's always asking me to "hold me" which means hold the baby. My only fear is that she's going to be too helpful and try to feed her something or pick her up. It's been bittersweet making the transition from one to two again. Rachel was a very different kind of big sister. It took her months to warm up to Emily or be helpful at all. She didn't warm to Emily until she could play with her. She made me feel horrible for having another child. But Emily loves to be around the baby and is constantly checking on her and helping me by fetching things. I am so thankful that Em loves her so much since Michael isn't here to distract her. Having two again really reminds me of Rachel and it's been an adjustment. Allison also looks very much like Rachel did when she was born. I can't even tell the pics apart when I put them up to each other!

We're very thankful for Allison and we're looking forward to a much better year. We have lots to look forward to with both girls! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment