Sunday, February 22, 2009

Still waiting for baby...

The baby is officially overdue now! The due date was Friday and she's still hiding out inside. I've had labor pains off and on all week and am dilated and effaced some but she's taking her sweet time! I am delivering her at a military hospital and so far I'm less than thrilled with the experience. They assigned me to a midwife, I have no idea why especially since I have a child with health issues, and she's not willing to induce until Friday. She's all about things happening naturally even though I have explained that I have to take care of a sick child too. I have carried this baby 9 days longer than Rach and she was over 8lbs when she was born. I'm really hoping that this one isn't huge but the possibility is there! I have begged them to induce but they stick to their policies for no reason at Wilford Hall!! Penny has spent the week with us so she can take Rach when something happens. We have been keeping busy doing various things around town.

Dinner at the Cheesecake Factory




Rachel built a bear for her sister and one for her too. She picked Hello Kitty for her with much pushing from her daddy!




She loved stuffing the heart in the bear because you have to kiss it and make a wish. Each bear has a few hearts because she kept wanting to add more!



She is starting to like posing for pics but we need to work on keeping her eyes open!




Looking at her accomplishments.

Riding the riverboat at the Riverwalk. We were trying to move things along by walking around.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amy, I grew up a military brat and remember all too well..... the military hospitals..... it stinks that they won't induce you..... I pray that the baby comes soon.... I know you must be absolutely miserable.

    ReplyDelete