Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New Pictures of the Baby

The new baby has had several ultrasounds. I have been seeing a Perinatalogist along with an OB during this pregnancy. The Perinatalogist specializes in high risk pregnancies. I am not considered high risk but the baby gets some extra attention because of our family history. Not just Rachel but because of my nephew Cade as well. The doctors have been very helpful and thorough in checking for any problems that could be developing with the baby. I have always opted out of the quad screen and any other blood tests that could tell us if the baby had something wrong with it- I wouldn't abort her no matter what! I don't like to be paranoid but I do feel like we have to watch our kids closely for any tumors that might develop. Better to find problems early! The doctors never believed that Rachel's cancer was genetic but they also didn't know a whole lot about it so I'm not willing to take chances. Some forms of brain cancer are genetic. I will have another ultrasound in 6 weeks but so far the baby looks great. She is going to be big just like her sisters and we expect to meet her in about 9 weeks.


The bubble above her face is her hand

No comments:

Post a Comment