Sunday, October 17, 2010

Rachel's Birthday

Last Saturday, Oct. 9th, was a day I had not been looking forward to. It was Rachel's 4th birthday. :( I knew that I couldn't just pretend like it was another day so I planned a jam-packed day for the kids and our family. I really feel like we honored her and were able to share memories with the kids. It's a tradition that Michael and I plan on doing every year with our kids. We always want to celebrate her birthday in some way because it's important for her siblings to know about and celebrate her life. We started the day out at the cemetery. We had balloons with Tinkerbell, Hello Kitty, & the #4 to let go. The kids really enjoyed watching them float to heaven so that Rachel could have them. They even sang Happy Birthday when we let them go- it was Callie's idea! Then, we went to the park and rode the train. We were surprised to see that Rachel's tree had been decorated by a family friend with balloons- the kids loved it! We had cupcakes after naptime and then we went to dinner at the Rainforest Cafe- Rachel's favorite restaurant. (I don't know what happened to those pics!)

Park Pictures

Cade was so excited to ride the train with his best buddy, Grandpa!








Visiting Rachel













Becky & Sony made a styrofoam cake for Rachel with butterflies on it





1 comment:

  1. while this blog makes me cry, it also makes me happy to see such a close-knit family

    ReplyDelete