Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Thank You

I would really like to thank everyone for all of their support over the past few weeks. The calls, facebook messages, food, texts, blog comments, flowers, and visits have meant more than you could know. We have felt such an outpouring of love, prayers, and support that have really helped lift us up. The donations have been pouring in for Rachel's fund and it is incredibly encouraging that someone so young could have such an impact! A lot of people who came through the line said to me that they didn't know what to say. There really isn't anything that I expected to hear but I do hope that Rachel will never be forgotten. After seeing the turnout at both the visitation and the funeral and also the cards coming in from all over, I know that she won't be! That makes me feel like even though she didn't have a long life, she was able to do what most people hope to accomplish in many decades- make a lasting impression.

I want to say some special thanks to everyone who helped with the services. I was very proud of our mothers because they were able to read tributes to Rachel at the rosary. By the way, many of you have asked for the name of the song we played. It was One More Day by Rocketclub. For those of you who haven't heard it, it will make you cry but it was too fitting not to play it. I'm so grateful that two of my aunts could come and do the readings for the funeral. My cousins Abby and Natalie also helped out at the funeral. You guys did great! K.P. and the lifeteen band did an outstanding job with the music and the service was more beautiful than I had hoped it would be. Fr. Tony wrote a touching homily and my great uncle Ed said the mass. Thanks Ed for all of your help, even the cleaning! We were surrounded by lots of loving family and friends who traveled from all over to come and be with us. Y'all will never know how much it meant that you could be there. We also felt lots of love and support from those of you who couldn't make it. Family is a great source of strength in times like these and your support helps us carry on with our heads held high.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Amy for allowing us into your lives, for sharing with us your beautiful children. You are incredible and so is your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Texas Mom, she said it beautifully. Love you Amy and I am continuing praying for you, Mike and family for your strength in coming days.. christa

    ReplyDelete