Tuesday, March 2, 2010

February Recap

February was a busy month which turned out to be a good thing for us. My grandparents came to visit from Iowa and Emily and I both celebrated our birthdays. I have posted a lot of new pictures that I took with my new camera. Michael got me a very high tech Cannon camera for my birthday so we have been taking tons of pictures. Wish we would've had it when Rach was alive because she never liked to pose for us with the old cam cause she thought it took too long. Emily's birthday was the 23rd and that was also the one month anniversary of Rachel's passing. I can't believe that it's only been a month since we lost her. It seems like so much has changed and we've had to move on without her even though we didn't want to. We celebrated Valentine's day, Emily's birthday, and my birthday on the 24th. (I have more pics to post of the birthdays but Emily is crying at my leg because she wants to play with me so the pics will have to wait.) I really felt Rachel's loss so much last week. When we had the kids out in the "snow" it was hard only seeing 3 of them playing. I couldn't help but wonder what she would have thought of the birthday parties, going to Shiner, and making cupcakes. We never knew what to expect from her so it always was a surprise. We took a few family pictures but I don't even want to post them because it doesn't seem complete. I know I have to accept that but I'm still working on it. We have managed to enjoy ourselves a lot in the past month but we still miss her terribly and think of her often. Some days are easier than others. For me, avoiding being home has helped keep me busy and not sitting around being depressed. Emily has also kept us busy. She had well-baby visit at the pediatrician's office. She is a very big girl! She's in the 100th percentile for height and the 99th for weight. Michael definitely can't deny this one is his! Hopefully she won't be 6'6" like her daddy but she won't probably be much smaller than that. I have to say, it's such a relief to go to well-baby and have a healthy kid. I asked the doc how many oz. she needed to drink and what her caloric input should be. He kind of laughed at me and told me she would let me know. I do have to adjust to that because it's completely foreign to us! We're still trying to learn how to have a normal kid.

3 comments:

  1. Amy~ you are truly a very strong person and I am so glad that my brother and Emily have someone like you in their life. In fact I am glad that you are in my life too. Rachel is truly blessed to have a mother like you. You will always have your ups and downs...I know I do, but it's those memories that I have of my beautiful niece that I hold so dear and close to my heart. I thank you for sharing and posting on this blog. I think it's a good thing for everyone. I love you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Becky. I feel very blessed to have you in my life too. :)

    ReplyDelete