Saturday, April 2, 2011

Emily's 2nd Birthday

Emily turned 2 on February 23rd. We had the family over for dinner on her actual birthday. She was feeling sick that day. It was nothing new to us to have a sick child on her birthday so we still celebrated it. :) She had cupcakes, her favorite, and we made hot dogs. Aunt Becky & Uncle Sony also gave a her an edible fruit arrangement because she loves fruit. She was very excited that everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to her- she even sang along!

The 2 years that we've had Emily have been crazy and very eventful! She has been a bright spot in our lives and we are so thankful for her. She is a loving big sister and daughter. She gives lots of hugs and kisses- maybe she knows I need them! She is quite verbal for a 2 year old. She has no problems expressing what's on her mind and 90% of the time we can understand what she says. She is very bright and loves to problem solve. When she knows she's in trouble she cleverly always tries to bring my attention to Allison. She'll tell me "mama, baby night night shh" or "go check on baby" or "baby needs diaper". She's never at a loss for words! I asked her if she was ready for her nap today and she told me she was fine. Yesterday she told me it was time to go to the park so she could slide and ride choo choo. I can't remember what brought me entertainment before I had kids!






No comments:

Post a Comment